Saturday, May 21, 2011

Maastricht: Part 1

These are some pictures of my trip back from Maastricht for a environmental sustainable course. This bus happens to be the most posh I ever sat in, it might be a production line from a Scandinavian company, the seating space was much more bigger and comfortable, and there you have a skylight. Wouldn't the world be a better place with more busses like this.


We passed by Antwerp, it was a total different landscape with the oil refinery and factories of large scale along the harbour.


More shots of Antwerp from the bus. I recall this vast distance of platforms and factories, its like living machines to me. Truly, I've never seen something like this before. There's probably something like this in Klang but that is way far out of the outskirts of town. I've read somewhere that some of the factories and harbor in Antwerp was abandoned and then converted to housing for the poor after the focus was shifted to a more strategic harbor. Imagine someone living near to all these structures.


It seems these places are only meant for people with authorization. But I can imagine a spy thing going on behind these gated enclosure.


Transmission line towers usually seems like a foreign object but it is a sculpture in their own place here.


At one point we were really close to the cranes for the harbor, its those 3 objects you see on the far left. There was rows of it, I gawked before I could gather myself together to take photo of it.


This picture made me smile. I wouldn't live here but knowing if i worked here, I am doing something at large.


Another factory but overall it is interesting to see site revitalisation when it comes to abandoned harbor.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.