Monday, August 29, 2011

BE Lekker

The most expensive thing I ate in Belgium is probably the Gentse Waterzooi (Fish) with a dutch friend. Price tag was hefty.. but it was still enjoyable. He ordered the chicken and I think I shall try to make this dish because it doesn't look that hard.


I don't really eat out in Belgium because it is really pricy. When I do eat out, it's for the fries at the Golden Sate. This was probably the first shop I recommended to Lyn and Andrea. I remember walking back home for the first time from the city centre, back then I didn't knew that Ghent would be the safest city I've been in my life thus far. When I did pass by the frituur (ghent accent of frituur sounds really good) shop, somehow it made me change my mind a little because everyone was eating their fries so happily! This is the bicky burger, very much like our version of Ramli burger.


Haha. I'm really unsure whether this is the Hugo Claus (meal for big family) or the Rombutje but the size is so way awesome and still mouth-watering. Fast forward, I had a bicky burger just before they close on the day I leave Ghent. I was ridiculously upset, but I really couldn't help myself from being amuse as the frituurist prepared my order. He notice and funny enough he pretend I speak dutch and told the other guy waiting in line "something something mijn vrouw something something", when he gave back my change he kiss my hand. I thought it was awfully sweet although Andrea thought of an old man doing that is so damn creepy. Haha, well, I really couldn't help myself from giggling as I waited for my bicky burger. Haha, if Ramli burger man did that, haha, I might think my life is in danger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.