Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Gentse Fiesten

I was told that last year, it was so packed until it takes hour to get to the stage. This year it was mostly raining during the festival and by golly on the first day I was really soaked. During Patricia's bbq party, the guys was saying you need to look out for the man with the bells. Following question regarding time and place and why it is a must see, the answer will remain as You really gotta see the man with the bells. Haha adorable, but I didn't see the man with the bells cause I was trying to get some work done. Seems like the man with the bell is always the first performance in the city.


Stage for local, new and uprising artist. It was really unthinkable for me to bring my camera along, try to imagine everyone holding their beer, having a good time, with light drizzle of rain that would get you drench.



The pole pole which is where I went on both times to the festival. During the night, on both side of the water channel, there would be people filling it up. Guilty again for not buying drinks for others.. but owhhh I really miss both times that I went out. It was indescribably fun meeting with Asmo and Peter D group of acquaintance. Peter G and Alex already left Belgium then.



Anywho.. it was quite a change of sight, leaving ghent with the.. presumable best week of my Belgium exchange. When I went back the second round, the festival has already ended and the streets was so empty. I was told that the last day of the festival would be the empty pocket day because of all the money spent on beer. So possibly.. the street is so empty because everyone is broke and has already went back to their village. Come to think of it, I actually miss drinking beer openly on the street.


Now looking back at Ghent, I have to start back at my phase of life in Glasgow. It is always good to keep in mind of doing anything you want to do and don't let it hold you back. Why I say this? Because, the picture reminds me of Alex and his company carrying their sofa all the way to Graslei and just chill, literally chill in winter, as the pizza delivery guy call them insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.