The weather took a turn lately but we went to Knokke on the 12th. In general, I would say I met more interesting people when the semester end, probably it was then only I decided not to stay at home.. I got to know few people from finland and they were really amazing but.. it's about time now whereby everyone leaves Gent..
Peter didn't make it but Alex explained to me that in te beginning, buildings were built in the middle between in-lands and the beach, as time goes, taller buildings were built towards to sea.. so in totality I'll show you what I mean.
Doesn't really seems like people actually live here, but more likely vacation homes. It doesn't stop at the beach with the multi-story building, it goes along with these huts you can rent or huts that are already own by the projected property
Anyhow, it was a different perspective of beaches. I was talking about it to one of my Belgian friend Peter and he didn't understand why they don't have good beaches, anywho, I've yet to go to Oostende for a visit and hope that really change my mind about Belgian beach. These spots is for rent too, you need to pay..
One of the huts with an owner name Joke. What a joke :p
The huts.. a good thing that from from one hut to another, it doesn't try to stand out but it becomes bland to the setting.

One of the pier, Alex said that it might be used to measure the tides. It was either something like this or..

this.. This reminded me of a picture I saw long ago, somewhere in china, with a wall to measure the tides. As the low seasons kick in, you can see pictures of aquatic life that can be refereed to what you can catch on the waters.
This is me as Andrea and I had a photo shoot session. She refused to go in between the pier because she don't like kelp.. and everything else growing there, which I agree as it is very slippery.
Somewhere along with all the boutique stores, this house had a revamped shade for his/her parking lot. There's alex beside Andrea, this photo might deceive you as he look even taller in real life.
One of the square in Knokke and I kid you not, it's all in pink and the flowers in pastel colour.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.