Last friday, I left Belgium minutes after midnight with Euroline. Chronologically, it took 2 hours bus ride, 2 hours ferry from the Dover, 2 hours bus ride, 2 hours slow walk from Victoria coach station to Kings Cross, 2 hours train ride to reach Mt Gerizim. I didn't know there would be the 2 hours break for the ferry ride.
So, it started with taking a bus from Stropkai to Dampoort. Dampoort and St Pieters is the 2 main train station in Ghent. As expected nobody working there at this hour and I had difficulty trying to find the place where Euroline busses stop at. I asked around, I know it wasn't a good idea.. cause people would naturally want to take advantage. So I took a chance with this Turkish family. oh boy was I wrong they wouldn't be dodgy. 3 young primary school kids lead the way. They hardly speak English. But they do know where it is and after that they try to get money from me, silly boys, so I pretend to not understand what they say and stall until their bus arrive and they had to run back (literally). Kids these days following dodgy footsteps.
On another note, euroline bus stop did have a sign. On one piece of a4 paper among all the bus stand there. Haha.. I wouldn't have guess.
These are pictures of my journey from Victoria coach station to King Cross. This first few pictures is taken at the park nearby the Buckingham Palace. I found the plants very irresistible.
Out of the park infrastructure, there was this block of plastic. A subtle contrast to the landscape.
This is somewhere after Oxford st. and I took notice of the materials because it was a shade of matt black that became reflective-like as the morning sun shone. Then further back there was this building block that show glimpse of a courtyard I presume, or a space indirectly define by the walkway.
This I found really interesting as the curtain behind the glass reflects the opposite facade, just like another distorted reality but in a gentle manner. I'm thinking of it as a scene of a vertical lake.
A Chrome lighting fixture with 3 compacted views of the surrounding
I walked into a square.. At this point I am desperate to look for a relief point but this rabbit got me walking further in. A very apparent Easter holiday muse.
And then its this building which looks like an entrance but built like a elevator. So it does create its own identity.
This is the opposite view.. with plentiful of gourmet restaurants along the way.
This is somewhere nearby Euston I think, now I really had to go to the toilet and missed the chance to take the same shot but with greater lengths of the shadow. The shadow is from the chimney of the opposite blocks. The design is so simple, it stands out just bring one part of the surrounding context. Then the next building, had this shading device that I also found remarkable because of the simple composition.
There do you see what I mean? This might be a school..
Continuing on, the morning sun shone brightly, makes me feel somehow there is warmth in the city.
Inside St Pancreas International. I should photoshop it to make the Image more contrasting.. I was thinking with the open skylight (is it skylight or some other term?) with a line of blue trolley from the ground, is there a connection? A impose shadow of the living element into objects?

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.